Our vision at British Columbia Golf is to introduce and grow the sport of golf by providing everyone in the province the opportunity to participate in a sport that promotes their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Golf is one of the only sports that has values such as honesty and integrity built right into the game. It is important children are taught these lessons so they can discover how to use them in a variety of situations they face at home, school, during sports and play, and in everyday social interaction.
In addition to a good training and coaching program, there are a variety of ways to introduce your child to the game of golf:
- Accompany friends or relatives to driving range;
- Attend local golf tournaments;
- Watch golf on television;
- Collect information from local golf clubs about junior programs;
- Consider schools that include golf in their curriculum;
- Caddie for a relative at a fun club event;
- Check community centre bulletin boards and flyers for after-school, weekend and summer golf programs.
Click here to learn more about how to get into the game.
CN Future Links
CN Future Links gives children ages 6-18 the chance to enjoy and learn the game of golf via affordable and accessible programs that align and support the principles of golf’s long-term player development guide, which has been endorsed by Sport Canada.
More than 748,000 junior golfers have successfully participated in Future Links programming since its inception in 1996.
To learn more about CN Future Links visit www.cnfuturelinks.com