Job Opportunity With First Tee British Columbia Chapter
Title: Development Officer, First Tee, British Columbia
Reports to: Senior Director, Development Golf Canada Foundation
Location: Bear Mountain Office, Victoria, BC & British Columbia Golf Association Office, Vancouver, BC Status: Full-Time
Anticipated Start Date: May 17th, 2021
The future is bright for golf in Canada, and you will be right in the middle of it all at First Tee - British Columbia, Golf Canada’s flagship junior program. First Tee – British Columbia will be the inaugural chapter of this new national program, scheduled to launch in spring of 2021 with additional chapters opening across Canada in 2022 and beyond. The chapter home will be shared between Bear Mountain Resort in Victoria, BC, and the Delta office of British Columbia Golf; however, majority of time would be working remotely.
The Development Officer, First Tee - British Columbia will report directly to the Senior Director, Development of Golf Canada Foundation and will be responsible for meeting income targets by using various techniques to generate donations from sources such as the general public, major gift donors, third party events, professional and amateur championships, auctions, and raffles. This opportunity will appeal to an individual who is a high achiever and looking to get into a ground-floor opportunity to create, nurture and grow a significant brand in Canadian golf.
- Cultivate, pitch and close major gift prospects
- Develop, execute, and manage fundraising campaigns and events
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to both foundations and government opportunities
- Manage all stewardship activities with existing and prospective donors including website
- Manage all relationships and activities for third party events
- Develop creative and marketing materials
- Manage 50/50 raffle at professional championships when hosted in the province
o Manage relationship with technology partner
o Recruit, organize and inspire volunteers
o Manage and adhere to budget
o Provide top-level customer service
- Supervise all work related to public relations, internal & external communication, and publications
- Assist in the creation of promotional brochures to increase awareness of the programs and facility
- Manage third-party event policies and communication
- Establish and develop media relations
- Convey the Chapter’s brand image to the public
- Assist in communication activities for openings, special events, newsletter, printed materials, and the website
- Manage donor administration: Track history; gifts; pledges, invoicing, and payments; stewardship; revenue reporting; auction acquisitions and purchases; event attendance; general communications; as well as thank you letters and tax receipts
- Share in the development of the Business Plan and oversee its implementation
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager to enhance donor experience
- Work closely with the finance team on year-end reconciliation
- Participate in Ambassador Committee meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- University/college degree preferred
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in fundraising in not-for-profit organization
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong budget management, organization, financial and IT skills
- Database experience
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Knowledge of golf an asset
Golf Canada - Human Resources 1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1 Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to ten (10) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, May 2nd, 2021. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for all, especially children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace to build an inclusive workforce where all employees can reach their potential.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.