Be A Part Of The Doug Roxburgh B.C. Amateur Golden Celebration
This Summer Vancouver's Doug Roxburgh Will Play In His 50th Consecutive British Columbia Men's Amateur. Shown Above Being Interviewed For His Induction To The PNGA Hall of Fame In 2011, Roxburgh Has Won The Bostock Trophy, Displayed To His Right, As The B.C. Amateur Champion 13 Times - Image Courtesy PNGA/YouTube
via British Columbia Golf Communications
Please join us for a very special celebration honouring one of the great achievements by one of the true gentleman champions in the game of golf. On July 12th at Pheasant Glen Golf course in Qualicum Beach, Vancouver's Doug Roxburgh will tee off in his 50th consecutive British Columbia Men's Amateur.
An evening dedicated solely to celebrating Doug's outstanding career and this particular milestone is being held at his home course, Marine Drive Golf Club on Sunday, July 17th.
When it comes to success as a top amateur golfer, very few can even come close to the resume that the legendary Roxburgh has amassed in his stellar career. Below is a list of the major accomplishments Doug has accumulated:
- Canadian Amateur Champion 1972, 1974, 1982 & 1988
- Canadian Junior Champion 1970; Runner-Up 1967
- British Columbia Amateur Champion 13 Times
- British Columbia Junior Champion 1969 & 1970
- British Columbia Senior Men's Champion 2013, 2014
- Canadian Senior Men's Champion 2014
- Simon Bolivar Invitational Champion (Venezuela) 1981
- Canadian World Amateur Team Member Seven Times
- British Columbia Willingdon Cup Team Member 19 Times
- Canadian Golf Hall of Fame 1990
- British Columbia Sports Hall of Fame 1995
- Golf Hall of Fame of British Columbia 2003
- Pacific Northwest Golf Association Hall of Fame 2011
Please CLICK HERE to register to attend this special celebration for Doug. It will take you to British Columbia Golf's BlueGolf site (please note that you DO NOT require an ID or password to register).
- Select the 'I do not know my ID and Password' option and then click 'Next'.
- Read and agree to the waiver and click 'Next'
- Enter the required information (don't worry that it says 'seminar registration' at the top, that's okay) and click 'Next'.
- Fill in your credit card information. Click 'Next'.
- This will take you to the final registration page where you click on 'Register' to confirm your participation.
If you wish to register more than one person you must register each individually. Should you not wish to enter multiple registrations or if you would like to book a table (10) please contact British Columbia Golf directly by emailing Corrie Wong at email@example.com or call the office at (604) 279-2580 x.124
Date: Sunday, July 17, 2016
Location: Marine Drive Golf Club
7425 Yew Street
Cocktail Reception: (no host) 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Dinner: Marine Drive Golf Club BBQ Buffet 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Tickets: $75 (GST included)
There will also be the opportunity to meet some of the Amateur Golfers who will be playing in the U.S. Amateur qualifier on Monday, July 18, 2016.